Mark, I hope that the things I have brought up will help you in planning and organizing, because they are the kinds of things that other people will also ask to determine the credibility of both you and the event.

Specifically in terms of you participating in the event, my question would be: Will there be a rule that does not allow any team to participate more than once in the elimination rounds?

For all we know, you are a hotshot sailor who is going to clean up on this financially -- or at least be able to use some of the regatta registration money to make it possible for you to pay to participate in enough of the elimination events to get into the finals. Or maybe even ALL of the elimination events even AFTER you have qualified, just so you can win the smaller prize monies, too.

And even if you DO make a rule that everyone can only participate once, since you are the organizer and are able to decide what teams are going to be in the various eliminations, it would be easy for you to decide to schedule yourself in an elimination that has a bunch of "losers." You know what I mean?

Just something to think about, that other people might think about. That is why I said it is a conflict of interest for the organizer to be sailing in a money regatta. And that is why I said, "Do the math."

Sounds like a good deal to me -- let other people pay my entry fee into nine regattas.

As I have already said, I think you are sincere in your mission, but you have a long way to go to establish credibility. And I know I am not helping much.