I have been doing a little research. And I have also been in e-mail contact with Mark Daggett, who seems sincere and now seems to be able to spell. (Did somebody else write that one post for him?) I have told Mark that I am very skeptical about this whole thing.

On Mark Daggett's web site he clearly says, at the very beginning of the description of the event that, "The event will consist of 12 sailboats 'one design' donated for the event period by our official manufacturer."

So I e-mailed the manufacturer, and he says this is not so. The manufacturer is not involved with this event, although he is trying to help Mark locate boats that could be used in the event.

That seems iffy to me, since only 200 Ultimate 20's have been built and 160 of those sold in North America. Sounds like at the very least 12 current U20 owners would have to agree to give up use of their boats for an entire sailing season and relocate them to Lake Petitcodia. This seems doubtful, even if Mark pays substantial charter fees to the owners of the boats for all of the 11 or 12 regattas in the series.

Anyway, Mark now claims he did not say that the manufacturer would be supplying/donating the boats. But the statement is still right there on the web site. (Again, maybe there is more than one person involved.)

A BIG item of concern is that Mark says he plans to sail in the event himself. I think this is a MAJOR conflict of interest for the organizer of a high-stakes money regatta. Figure it out. I have done the math, and you can do it if you care.

Also I have done a lot of research about this "lake" that they are going to use for this series. Google "Lake Petitcodia".