The folowing was asked in an interview from another publisher, you may or may not be interested, but I will post it anyway.

I was the following questions from a publisher at a different site, asked the organizer a few questions: whether the prize money would solely come from anticipated entry fees or other sources, how many entries did they need for his event to occur, what got this idea started, and whether they have you done other events. Here was the reply:

The Prize money is generated through the registration fee's, also included in those fees are other related costs to hold the event. Over and above the Main prize amounts already stated, there would be other Prizes very good ones we expect, as we are currently seeking sponsors for the event. They are not currently apart of the info packet I sent of course, as they are not yet secured or completed, once all is in place they will be apart of the on-line sailing site, that will be set up for those who have expressed an interest in competing in this event.

Being a sailor, racer, competitor myself, I have sailed boats ranging from 16ft - 45ft and everything in between, (although I have not sailed the boat I intend to use for this event) as for my own boat it was built in Lunenburg NS and is called a Falcon 16 made by Macvey yachts in 1965, we boast 3 of the classics in our fleet, and race them each year, No worries these are not the boats that will be used for this event. I have experienced some pretty awesome weather in the Atlantic Ocean, and in the lake where I intend to hold the event (I am the undefeated champ on this lake, and my marina has dubbed me commodore of Lake Petitcodiac 3 years running). Each time I race in a sailing event, I think of what could be done different to make it better. Spending endless hours carefully thinking out this event, trying to foresee any problems that could arise, then thinking out solutions etc.

I asked myself, what would I like to see in a sailing event? What is the one thing that would attract me to it, and make me want to be apart of something like this?

The answer to the second question was simple Money & Prizes.

As for the first one it gets more complicated, I thought to myself, it would have to be an fair, equal playing field, before I spent my dollar on it. Meaning each boat would have to be exactly the same "One design", that it would have to based on skill of seamanship, Captain & Crew.

Being a fan of the America's cup and the history involved, the 100 Gunies cup of old schooners etc. I thought, imagine if one could race against one of these great modern day names in sailing, whom have earned their sailing history. But then faced the reality that the average everyday sailor would never get the opportunity to do so. I also believe that given the chance, sum of these average everyday sailors could and would win over the pro's. My hope here is that maybe these same pro's would have an interest in my sailing event, thinking it were easy money and register. If this happens they are first restricted to one of the series held for all pro, two of which, the best two will advance, meaning that no average sailor would meet a pro in competition until the 70 finals, at this point the competitive average guy would be a most worthy opponent. Not guaranteeing here that any Pro's will attend the event, but just-in-case a provision has been made here. What a challenge this would be, and imagine winning, ( I hope I get to the 70 finals should they show, or not show, laughing here)

I would like to hold this race every 2 - 4 years if a success.

I thought it would be interesting to allow the inaugural Competitors themselves come up with the Cup name. Still thinking on this.

I also thought that, I would have to want to know, how many boats would I have to beet to win my money back (break even point). The answer to this by the way is 9 (nine) boats, as in your elimination round 12 boats race, finish in 3rd place overall in your series of nine races against these same boats and you win your money back.

You asked, how many entries to make it happen? 120 is the goal. If less I have to take out my calculator, scratch my head, reassess, sweat, stress and make a well-informed decision.

I also thought what if I received more? The answer to this is simply again, first come 1st served on both the choosing of elimination dates (pro's restricted to one series date) as well the registration. This is the reason for knowing in advance who intends to compete, as (2) two separate dates for registering (60 on each date) will be sent in advance to them, and its on these days registrations will occur in the order they are received. Adjustments for time zones will be calculated to ensure all a fair chance.

I though if I were to go overseas and race or even on the other coast would I need to arrange for a boat or sail my own there, this would weigh heavy on my decision. The answer on this is no the boats will be supplied. As well as a training day for you to become familiar with it and your chosen crew.

To answer your next Question: have I done other events? yes not on this scale though, and for the most part a participant. But I have a great desire, want, positive attitude, and more help each day, not to mention 3 cities around me.

I hope that I answered your questions, if you have more email me anytime at either email address.

MJ Daggett