Well, my problem is that as the son of a boat dealer, I've always had a variety of toys to play with. Dad has a J80 that I've been trying to wrestle from him, but he won't budge, so... gotta have something, but I want more than one thing.

Since moving from S. AL to UT last year, I have not had a boat. I couldn't bring it b/c I had to move the horses, but it's the first time since I was 11 that I don't have a boat with my name on it.

I'm not looking for something and am using these thoughts.

I20 - would rather have. Don't have crew, nobody out here sails like we did in FL. Wife WON'T ever sail with me again. 6.0 killed her for sailing... anyway, I'd have to crew for her as she's not big enough. It's also not a boat to teach noobs on. Not to mention I will only sail skipper +1.

J24 - Faster than a J22. I spent a LOT of time on J's of all shapes and sizes before cats and still love the 22 and the 80. I can teach a group of my UT friends to crew and go out and terrorize the local fleet ;-). Also, it's cheaper than the other toys I want (Slipstream 7.15). Since dad is a North dealer, i can ge sails cheaper.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE cats and since converting in college always will, however... there is a LOT that can be learned from them and I attribute a huge chunk of my ability to my sunfish, my Star and other stuff I had/raced pre-cats. Sadly, I just think out here in UT if I want to race it's going to have to be a leaner.

When I move back to AL or FL, I'll be back on a cat full time.