Where did you put the tow hitch? I tried to make something for my Miata but I ran out of time. Was thinking about attaching something to the spare tire in the trunk. I only have to tow my H14 about a mile.

I took the spare tire out of my son's Hyundia Scoupe. Measured and cut two pieces of 7/8" x 1 5/8" metal framing to traverse this flat area fore and aft. Cut two more to match and then drilled holes and bolted these together sandwiching this rather flimsy floor pan in between. I then attached a 1 5/8" square piece to accept the smaller size receiver(class I/II). I drilled holes and through bolted in to the trunk, just to make sure. Also used 1 1/2" fender washers at all holes. Dabbed a little caulking at the holes. Had to cut a notch out of the rear bumper/pan. It works for him towing the 16 the four miles from the storage yard to the ramp, but remind him constantly to take it easy and don't go over 45. Tell him scary stories about trailers passing cars and how easily fiberglass turns to splinters.

John H16, H14