Just curious. On that side of the pond, what do your service workers drive to their job sites (builders, roofers, plumbers, landscapers, general handyman, etc)?

Ford Transit is standard: http://www.ford.co.uk/ns7/transit/-/tv_intro_4/-/-/-/-

2.2L or 2.4L Diesel engine. These things are quite comfortable doing 90mph on the motorway, which is as fast as I really need my plumber to go...

To Maugans point about artificially taxing fuel. If you artificially tax me on the fuel to drive my truck to and from my apartments, guess what… I’m not going to pay that extra tax, I’m going to pass that cost onto my tenants who are paying me to keep their place livable and under good repair. Follow that chain of events and see what happens to the economy in 10 years. Can you say recession?

Sure, if it's done excessively. If it's done more gradually, you find that suppliers such as yourself become more sensitive to how much fuel they use, because that becomes a more significant cost in the service you provide. In order to be competitive, you need to be more efficient.

Paul