Since it wasn't apparent that my former posts were meant to be read with a fleck of humor (something thats severely lacking around here btw) here's how I really feel. And no, not every American agrees with me. We're all unique individuals with our own ideas.

1) I drive a gas-inefficient car because I can, and I like it.

2) I can afford to drive it until gas hits about $7 a gallon. Why? Because I work from home and my commute consists of walking to the coffee maker and back to my office.

3) I don't think the government should artificially tax gasoline. People forget that hard-working people like truck drivers, landscape workers, delivery truck drivers, etc depend on *AFFORDABLE* gasoline.

4) *AFFORDABLE* is a relative term. 100 years ago, $50 could buy you a house. Artificially plucking at the threads of the free market economy can have disasterous results. (FWIW, I think the minimum wage should be abolished as well) Gas prices naturally rising to $3 due to market forces is understable, and adaptable; prices naturally inflate over time.

5) I will not be pontificated upon by a snotty, "smartest guy in the room" foreigner who has little, if any idea what everyday life in America is all about. Respectfully sirs, if you want to drive smaller cars, by all means, have at it. But when you sit there and tell me that you hope people "wake up" and tax "luxury" vehicles you need to realize the implications on our economy/society beyond just taking behemoths off the road.