To Maugans point about artificially taxing fuel. If you artificially tax me on the fuel to drive my truck to and from my apartments, guess what… I’m not going to pay that extra tax, I’m going to pass that cost onto my tenants who are paying me to keep their place livable and under good repair. Follow that chain of events and see what happens to the economy in 10 years. Can you say recession?

From the horses' mouth.

I swear I want to pull my hair out by its roots when someone advocates a "sin tax" on gasoline. Its as if these corporations are just going to bite the bullet and say "oh well, I guess we'll absorb theses costs."

Just imagine what your grocery bill would be like to feed a typical family of 4 on top of having to pay for that gas? You think that trucking company is just going to say "well we feel bad for you Mister Grocery store, so here's your usual bill even though we're paying 3 times what we used to for fuel. Have a nice day."

Actually, I'm a SINK, since I'm paying Kate's medical school bills and she has no income at all.