Remember when gas was getting really "expensive?" The oil companies made record profits. I would rather that be a tax than for the oil companies who are clearly price gauging.

As if what the federal government is doing ISN'T price gouging? Even worse, if you decide you don't like the price of your taxes you go to jail! Better yet, what return on investment do I get with the federal government? Unless 100% of it goes to military spending, I'd argue that I get NOTHING out of it. (State taxes are another story, where I get roads and infrastructure)

As for the gas getting "expensive" this last go-round, it was in direct correllation to the price of crude oil. I fail to see how the direct relationship between the price of crude and the price of fuel amounts to "price fixing". Have you stopped to think that maybe the oil companies are just selling more fuel? It IS a very inelastic commodity yaknow.

As for EVIL oil companies, more power to em. Making money hand over fist... so so so EVIL. OHhhh how they should be despised!