I don’t know just what people consider “a fair price” to be Doug. When we offer a cat onto the market that has an equitable performance to all the other larger cats mentioned above, and is unquestionably enormously rewarding and thrilling to sail, is controllable throughout the full range of sailing conditions, and is built from materials that give it a very long competitive life, even when abused as a knock about, off the beach fun sailer and it can also be moved around the beach easily solo by the lightest of sailers. All this for a price that is just above our building cost but still way lower in price than any of the larger cats that it compares to in performance, just what is a “fair price”?
When I look at the current prices for any production 14’ cat and compare their price and performance to ours, there is no comparison. For two to four thousand dollars (Aust’) less you get a cat that at best, is no better than 15 to 25 minutes in a hundred behind the F14 around any race course and has a life expectancy less than half of the Alpha’s. It’s a bit like saying, “I want a top of the range Mercedes with ALL the extras, BUT it has to be at the price of a little Hyundai Excel”. Ain’t no free lunches in this life Doug!