Nice looking hulls Bob. I love to race but I also love sailing in general and can see somebody buying a modern basic F14 to learn then adding spin's etc later if and when they want. They would never need to get a bigger cat and would be confident with it much sooner than an 18ft. We've had too much wind 5 weeks in a row here and for the last 2 weeks I've been taking the kids 14ft Arrow out and having a ball with no other boats on the water I only did it for a short but exciting time today because the wind turned off shore and the official wind put the gusts at 55km/h on land. The point is none of the bigger cats were even towed to the club I'm now selling my A and will sail an Arrow or Mozzie when I'm not on the Nacra. Gato did you see the pic I posted in Rolfs heating the workshop thread with my heatlights? Thats the bottom of the Arrow I'm sailing, that ones glass but I have a ply one as well, its dead flat, no dagger boards just a centreboard, it would be very easy to homebuild and I swear it planes, you can feel it get up to speed on a beam reach and then all of a sudden it takes off. Mind you it probably was ready to take off today while still on the sand. The Arrow has the same mast height as the F12 so your rigging could transfer
regards

Jeff Southall
Current boats
Nacra 5.8 1703 Animal Scanning Services
Nacra 5.8 1667 Ram Raider
Nacra 18 Square
Arrow 1576