Jalani...I am leaning towards symmetrical...been trying to pay close attention to what the "A" cat community has been working on over at Sailing Anarchy on the curved boards thread. At this point it seem that a case could be made for both asymmetrical and symmetrical ... my gut instinct tells me that it would be much easier to get the asymmetrical boards "wrong".

With so many variables already in play, I think I will go a bit more conservative on this aspect of a fairly ambitious undertaking...LOL. With all the experimentation concerning angle of attack, board radius and foil section...with multiple versions showing promise... it seems like no one has the best design locked down and there is a lot of latitude as to what works...with the only real consensus among the various proponents being that, regardless of asymmetrical or symmetrical, the top "curved foils" have an edge over straight boards.

If it doesn't work? Modify...Modify...Modify! I will make the trunks slightly oversize to accept changes.