Sorry Berny, my “sour grape” post above was probably spawned out of frustration of not having the time and resources to push ahead my own F14 project as quickly as I had hoped.
“To error is human to forgive divine”

I do hold firm on my statements about the F14 standing on its own merit. Any time you label something a “trainer” it carries a certain negative stigma with it…the A&O is certainly no trainer, ….and if the performance of your boat is as good as I hear, it’s not strictly a trainer either….since the baby boomers have the money, have the sailing history/experience, are getting older and not as ready/willing/able to drag a 400# F18 around like they could in their glory days, that may be the market to shoot for. All the performance attributes they had on their larger cats in a smaller/lighter/easier to handle on the beach pocket rocket. It is a natural progression as one gets older…there is no other option that is as light, fast and gives all the strings to pull including a spinnaker. One you can modify and “trick out” to your heart’s content.
It sounds like you have exhausted yourself trying to sell it to the youth. As a byproduct, there might be more impact on the youth by getting grandpa to buy it/enjoy it and have the grandson be drawn to “do what grandpa does”. Just a thought…may be you have already tried that angle as well???