Rob
One of the things that seems to be an issue with the F14 is that each individual is trying to achieve something different out of it. Some people want to resurrect old 14's and soup them up...others want a inexpensive mass produced one design boat that appeals to the masses, and then there is Darryl and Berny who set out to build the fastest 14' they could....I am attracted to the later...I want the fastest possible 14' I can build.

There are many boats to choose from if one wants to be put into a "design straight jacket" but only the F14, at this point in time, allow for such freedom in design and construction. It is very easy to fall into the trap that many cat sailors do...that being...the minute that they put their money down on a particular class boat they fight tooth and nail to keep it the same, less their "investment" will loose value. Unfortunately no one told them that no boat is a good investment...especially a beach cat....it is a consumable...not a investment. At some point all this will shake out and a trend will develop...until then it is what it is. enjoy the freedom while you can.