...As I know none of the Group 'L' countries were informed of the decision made by their representatives ...

One question: can someone confirm if the vote of a council member is personal or not? If not, is it in representation of his country, his area or his position in ISAF's organization structure (VP, etc.)?

The VP's are free agents, they are not accountable to anyone; the letters after their names indicates where they live, not what country association they report to.

The three US Delegates voted as they were directed - there were no "loose cannons." I expect that other countries' delegates did the same. There are coordinated international efforts to see some votes changed should the YA strategy of calling for a re-vote or a run-off prove successful. If you live in GBR or NZL or BRA or CAN, you should be working toward finding out why your Delegates voted as they did, and determining what it would take for them to rank the open multihull event above the men's keelboat event. In some cases, it is merely subjective on their part and quite easily reversed.

If the Council has a re-vote or if they have a run-off vote between open multihull and men's keelboat, we only need to pick up a couple of votes. Work on your MNAs - no name calling, threats or bluster.

John,

not sure what you mean regarding GBR.

The SOLE GBR "rep" was Chris and he voted for the Catamaran.

The other 2 persons, one is the offshore rep (and so hardly surprising he voted for leadmines), also not under the "whip" of the RYA; The other, Fiona (The VP with GBR after her name) is a free agent as so may vote in any way she sees fit.

F16 - GBR 553 - SOLD

I also talk sport here