Firstly it's great to see cat sailors getting all excited with enthusiastium. But I would like to see true facts when one puts a posting on open forums, it is also not the time to be critical of ideas or other class's, the vote was for one class design F18. The only mention of tiger was from Darren,as there is only two F18's at this stage that would qualify, the Tiger and the Infusion, and I think the tiger is the only one that is a legally registered ISAF boat!!! As to the comment regarding values of the boats, yes it probably would increase the value of the tigers if chosen, is this a bad thing I don;t think so as I believe the 2nd hand market is far too cheap. It would only be good for all F18 boats and sailors the added exposure, the credability and the increase in competition, I think you will find that majority of sailors will come to the F18 class not necessarily the tiger but to prove their worth as a possible olympic campaigner. Something that my good old mum used to keep reminding of, it is always a good idea to shoot for the stars but start at the clouds first.
Love always Mark