quote] 2. Always portray handicap racing as a pain in the a$$ and not a real true contest of ability [/quote]

So handicap racing impacts your one design class participation ???

How does that work? Do you need the big boogeyman "handicap racing" to scare people into staying put in your OD class?

Ok... I will write down SCARE TACTIC as a Hobie 20? initiative

But you know.... It can't be that scary bad...
how do you explain the IRC class.... I just got a full color magazine with my latest Sailing World. Seems like a lot of big time sailors are racing handicap that way ... world wide in fact!

One of the latest surveys of racing owners indicates that more one design racing will NOT increase participation.

Going out of your way to tell a racer... well... your racing sucks... you can't know if you are good if you race handicap certainly will be a winning strategy. Can you introduce me to anyone who has joined the class because of this appeal?

Promote all the good points and NEVER mention it's drawbacks.

You think misrepresenting your class and boat is a SUCCESS STRATEGY!?

Is that working for the Hobie 20 class?.... Are you guys getting close to the 40 boat milestone by using deception....
Wow! For pete’s sake… don’t tell them the boat is not built anymore…

I guess that is a new definition of being helpful to new people considering the class. They will never figure this stuff out on their own...

3. Take over (or start) a multi-class one design (let's not call it yacht) club and get your class start out there in front of the 24 other top classes. Make 'em converts.

Great... a useful idea!... but oh wait... Hobie Class tried that... they actually used to invite other cat sailors to experience the Hobie OD way of life... Same idea… convert em… Apparently... it back fired... rather then get cat sailors to switch to Hobie....the Hobie class CLAIMS they lost sailors to the classes they invited... ... (no proof ever offered) In FACT…. Hobie claims that it was the dreaded boogeyman… the “OPEN CLASS “ that stole their sailors….

But once they went back to the Hobie OD way of life… All of the wayward souls returned home…. Oops… not according to Mike of New England…

But... what the heck... Its worth another shot... You will get it right this time….

crac.sailregattas.com