Hi Steve,

I stand corrected, I quess I AM a International sailor! I hadn't thought of it that way. I quess I was blinded by the fact its the HCA-NA: it one organization, there is no seperation beween the Canadians and Americans above the Divisional level.

I don't mean to sound like I'm "Hobie Bashing" In several other threads I have praised the H-18 (and even the H-16) as being the best beach cats. But over the years I have seen some really stupid things done. So much so that I actually took my H-18(mag) apart and put it behind the shed in the back yard for almost 10 yrs. I was just too hardheaded to sell her, she (my H-18)has seen me through some awesome weather and GREAT times. But as the quote goes "those that do not study history a destined to repeat it". I just do not like to repeat mistakes over and over again, I just can not afford the time or it financially. So, thats why I am so vocal at times.

The problem seems to be that in order to get any changes to the H-18 you need to go through IHCA and that is problematic if only for the enertia of the larger organization. At the H-18NAs this year remember our issues, mine of the little pullies on my trap system on the bungies at the hull pass-through fittings and you with your mainsheet blocks. We both agreed that neither would affect the boats performance/speed but were only for the crews comfort or to extend the life of the bungie cords. But some persons, who will remain nameless, wanted to "rattle" our cages and try and gain an advantage over us instead of trying to beat us on the race course. Why can't we get minor changes like those implimented???

I would like to go to Harrington BC but the reality for me is that it may cost too many$$$ and take too much time. For me here in DIV11 I calculate that it will be a 5 week cycle with shipping time (by container) included. The Div11 trailer will be needed for the Junior Championships and the H-16NAs in Clear Lake Iowa, and again the events are schedule too close together for the logistics required. We'll have to see ...

And this thread has made me aware personally that I have to be more involved, thats my responcablity!!!

Harry M