I won the 2007 Capricorn Nationals. In fact, I think I'll win the 2008 Nationals tomorrow.

Defenders of the Hobie policy - please remember that the change effectively ended several fleets that began as Hobie Fleet ###, but were happily hosting open events. Why didn't they continue, you might ask? The division of brands tore them apart. Sound melodramatic? I witnessed it in the SE US, from South Florida to Virginia. To deny there was a negative impact is either dishonest or uninformed.

Attackers of the Hobie policy - please remember that the policy was enacted by people in the Class that genuinely believe it is a necessary thing for the health of their Class.

Both sides should be honest and admit to themselves there IS another side with concerns that are no-less legitimate. You can't fight exclusionary practices with intolerance, and you can't grow cat sailing without acknowledging there are several brands sailed by people who love them.

Yeah, Mark - three F18 "nationals" is poor class planning, plain and simple.

On topic - applaud the H16s sucess in making the list, work together to get more cats on there if you think that is important. No reason As and F18s can't get there in a year or three - except apathy.

John Williams

- The harder you practice, the luckier you get -
Gary Player, pro golfer

After watching Lionel Messi play, I realize I need to sail harder.