I don't race, but I'd like to someday. I do love attending regattas, and have some sense of the work involved in putting them on. What I have witnessed here in New England, is a real fragmenting of the fleets since the "Hobie Edict". In fact Fleet 28 is dead. Much of the volunteer energy for our regattas in the late 90s was from people that were sailing Nacras. They were far from leeches! Many no longer feel welcome at "fun sails" put on by my Fleet! I'm trying to work on that! I have to say that for me personally, it's been a big loss to lose those folks. Harry, I don't know you, but your post has given you big credentials in my book. Thankfully my quality issues weren't with a boat, but your criticism should really be listened to! I can tell you from helping Bob and the gang weigh boats, at the '06 H16 Nationals, that there is a very large variation in boat weights. I don't think it has to do with water retention at that level. That said, we're still trying to maintain and grow our fleets, and sport. I don't have the time to give these days, but I have tremendous respect, and gratitude for those that do, like Bob, Mike, Matt, and Caleb. These guys have been stepping up to the plate for years! Caleb and his club have done what many of us are really struggling to do, GROW their fleets! We should all try to learn from this generous man! On this forum, you can see many people volunteering their time and energy to make what happens happen. They all echo each other when criticized, and they are right in doing so. If we don't like what we see, it is our responsibility to get involved. Look at people like Rick and Mary, Barb Short, John Williams, Jake Kohl, Rick Bliss... Thanks for letting me rant. Brian McCarter, Fleet 448