I don't think anyone would argue that we need some distillation of the class'. Just my opinion but I think everything needs to gradually work towards formula class's. I don't think there will be much of a resurgence of 14 foot cats, (except for perhaps youth models), so that really leaves us with Acat,F16, F18, F20, Tornado. And I'm hoping for a F17 class as well. The manufactures can build what they want to fit some simple rules. Chances are the H16 will out last most of us. You still have room for one design sailing.

Maybe the approach would be to allow Formula class boats at Hobie OD regatta's but just not have it count for points to a championship? You could win the battle just not the war? I'm just throwing out ideas.

Continuity works in just about every other type of non-handicapped racing from bikes to cars to aircraft. Almost everyracing class is limited to physicall dimensions and engine displacement. The formula class's do basically the same thing. The down side of one design racing is that it gives you the illusion that it is a totally level playing field. Someone will always have better equipment, or a better setup plus you still have to operate it well. I'm sure that cat sailing would have the same result. X brand boat is better at this, Y brand boat is better at that.

Anybody else wonder why the FX-one is being upstaged the world over by a bunch of amateurs on F16's ?

I do?!!