Does the H-18 need to be an International class anymore? When was the last International Championship? Maybe it time to do our own thing and show IHCA the door on this one. I know that I'm not planning to go to an International event anytime soon on a H-18.

To answer those particular questions/statements, I would say YES the H-18 should remain an international class. Lets not move backwards anymore than we already have. The last World Championships sailed on the H-18 was in January of 2005 in Melbourne Australia, I was there. The 2007 H-18 NA's was just that, a North American's with three teams from Canada.
The 2008 NA's is a North American's, not just a National's.
The Canadian's are hoping there will be more than a few boats from the USA. So, Harry, you HAVE and ARE Planning to attend International Events on your Hobie 18

I have resisted weighing in on this discussion thus far, If you go back and read the original post, it was more a call to strengthen individual classes, not an invitation to bash Hobiedome. I disagreed vehmenently with the "Hobie Edict" at the time it was enacted. I still think it was a poorly thought out solution to the problems that existed at the time. Fixing the problems that exist today is an equally difficult problem. Trying to impose a one size fits all solution to an organization as widely divergent as the Hobie Class Association is almost impossible. What works in Colorado will not work in the North East, what works in the North East may not work on the Gulf Coast of Texas, and California is a completlely different bucket of worms. Open minds, communication and calm discussion are the keys. Trying to resolve it on a forum like this will not be productive.

Stephen
Hobie 18

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain