It is a large expensive logistical nightmare for us who live only 1,000 miles away and can drag, stuff, and trailer our boats, gear, and ground crew to the start line. I can't imagine what it would take to try and make that happen flying across the pond. One thing for sure, however, if they really do want to see an international draw, the race management needs to start working on shipping container packages, sailing package deals, and intend to do a whole lot more planning along the lines of where Worrell was headed.

We at TVS offerred this package. The Pirates team took us up on it, and as far as I could tell, were happy customers.

We also helped out Mischa with a bit of his logistics but not in the same capacity.

You guys are drunk or stoned. What I heard Chuck say was that the 20 had a place in the race as long as there is a fleet

What we all heard was him saying "I can see this race being F18 only in two years."

I know I wasn't the only one that heard that. A SPECTATOR that was present at the award ceremony expressed to me how she wanted the whole 20 fleet to stand up and leave when he said that!

Whether its a perception/reality thing or not here Jdub, the 20 fleet is definitely reading the writing on the wall, and we're not feelin the bear-hug love dude frown

Last edited by Undecided; 05/18/09 03:58 PM.