Originally Posted by TEAMVMG
How much difference do you think that it would make to the Inter18 if you put an Infusion rig on it?

It would go a bit better but still get slaughtered in an F18 fleet.

As much as i love it, I am afraid that the N20 is the same generation as the inter18.

You may be right, but I don't think it's even close to being maximized right now.
What are the main differences between the Infusion and the Nacra 20 (Hull shape and sail plan)? I know of the wingmast and know that is a benefit for sure, but I and many others would have a hard time taking off a good carbon mast to replace with a lightly tested aluminum mast, until a little more is known. What else? how do the rockers compare? The Infusion makes any boat look like an LR3 (skinny).
I'm just looking for some constructive help not pontification.I think re-building the wheel is fruitless but maximizing that wheel for performance is where we need to be. More importantly the sailors that own these need to sail them, this is the key to building the class.

I hope that anyone who reads this doesn't jump to the conclusion that this class is dwindling ,It's not. at all the big open regattas the N-20 as drawn more boats than any other spin boat.I'd just like to build on that momentum and bump it up a notch.
Todd

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White