Originally Posted by Keith

On the owner's class thing - maybe the way to look at it is forming a group that represents distance racing, not the buoys side of things. That way the OD class can stay the same, but there could be a different set of things defined for distance events.

That's what I suggested but the acrobatic rooster only wants advice from "owners".

This topic isn't "For NACRA owners only!!!!!".

It is great for "Tawd" to be organizing the class. But why was this never done before?

NACRA builds great boats but it seems that they have a way of administering their classes that isn't in the best interest of the sailors. IMO, Hobie fails at it too.

Sails in particular have always been a sore spot for me. There are many reasons why free choice of sailmaker is beneficial to all, even the boat builder.

You have to have a published sail plan and you might want to measure in at big events, but that is a piece of cake to get done. Then you can have fat boy sails if you need them, whatever colors you want, and even sewn seams on your spinnaker right out of the bag!

You don't need to get into class politics to get the changes you want for offshore events. That is my advice, (worth what you pay).

Todd, you can get everything you want right now by Mandate. You only need to get approval from 10-20 distance/Tybee folks. If you try to shift the whole class you will be mired in small talk for years. You want people in Iowa or Indonesia voting on your visions?

BTW, you seem to think I am against modernizing your class...not the case. I approve but just think you are trying to move the mountain when you only need a load of sand.

Either way, keep it up big boy. grin

Jack Woehrle
Hobie Wave #100, Tiger Shark III
HCA-NA 5022-1
USSailing 654799E
Alachua FL/Put-In-Bay