Todd, what Brian and I tried to do was get a bit more control over the changes that were being released to an OD class, rudders, snuffer system and self tacker and we had zero success. What you guys are thinking about doing is a bit different and I'd think Rick Bliss would be a good source to tap into. Also one of the biggest hurdles you'll run into is apathy. I know the Tybee teams are quite passionate right now but you have a LOT of N20 owners that don't do the Tybee and they may not see the same urgency or any urgency at all. It is an OD class after all, who cares if the sails are dated you're OD and EP has stepped up and appears to be making right by you guys. What you have going for you right now is there isn't another 20 on the market. As Macca and Matt have hinted at if a new 20 hits the market the N20 is the new N6.0 and it will happen over night.

Is your goal in opening up the sail plan for development to sail better against F18’s in the tiny wind band of double trapped spin reaching? If that’s the case why don’t you just create T500 spin rule and leave everything else as is. You can use your sporty flat spins for the T500 and DPN races and your other sails for the OD events. Just keep in mind, if you open up the sail plan you then have the overhead of getting measurement certs, and unless you can work out some kind of in house certification it’s going to be a bit of a pain.

Keep in mind opening up an OD class for development can very much be a double edge sword.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"