As a Nacra20 owner, I'm surprised that no one else has broght this up, but my main compliant about the EP sails isn't an outdated sailplan or glued spinnakers blowing up (which sucks), it's the inconsistencies of the sails themselves. I've got 5 different spinnakers, two of which were bought together in 2007. These sails aren't just a little off from each other due to age and blowing out, they are radically different. The 2 new ones that we bought at the same time had luff lengths that varied by 5 inches, the clew positions were different causeing different sheeting angles, on top of that one has an incrediable amount of draft compared to the other. So when picking our spin for this years Tybee, it wasn't a matter of which one we liked best, it was a matter of which one sucked the least.

I've got 3 main sails, two of them are pretty close in size and shape, while the newest one (again bought in 07) has a ton of luff curve forcing me to retune the spreader rack/diamond wire tension everytime I switch sails.

If I could just get an outdated quality sail from EP that was the same cut as everyone else I'd be happy, but when I forced to buy sails from one loft who either doesn't seem to be able or want to deliver quality and consistency, I get rather frustrated.

Alec D.
Pirates of the Chesapeake www.teampiratesofthechesapeake.com
Nacra20 1057 - Crew
F16 Viper 152 - Uni