This was another of those silly annoying jobs that I wanted to make much easier for myself and for future owners......

the removal of the bolts (originaly fitted without washers) would require a disjointed arm in order to get a spanner on the locknuts inside the hull..... removal would be ok-ish but re-installation was going to be hell !!!

I made a plate and tig-welded the nuts to that plate and then glued the plate to the inside of the hull....

the other issue was caused by the lack of a washer under the bolts head, this had crushed the hull somewhat and water had then entered, more tightening and more crushing resulted in minor damage to the outer hull.

step one was the plates I've mentioned already wink
(sorry but I forgot to take a pic )

step 2 was to "drill out" the effected area
(16mm drill bit turned by hand allows the 15.5mm washer to fit snugly into the rebate)
[Linked Image]

step 3 was to wrap the bolts thread and the washer in Teflon tape.... resin doesn't stick to Teflon .... that means I can remove the bolts and the nuts stay put and the bolts run freely in the resin.
added advantage is that I now have a solid resin "plug" under the washer, this will assist in spreading the load more evenly and give far better support from over-tightening....
As it turned out the bolt actually stops dead once its limit is reached
smile
the resin was added with the bolt screwed in most of the way, hence the Teflon wrapped around the washer aswell, that held the washer up out of the way while I added the resin, the bolt was then wound in until the resin was squeezed out slightly
[Linked Image]

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740