This is sort of the opposite of towing behind a small car where the hulls stick out into the airstream behind the small vehicle. But possibly the end result is the same. And I think it is relevant to the topic.

I think I mentioned this a long time ago on a similar thread about towing, but here goes again.

Rick and I have towed many thousands of miles using a motorhome -- all over the United States, Mexico and Canada.

Towing behind motorhomes can be a big problem because of all the turbulence coming off the flat back of the motorhome. We have so far broken two trailer tongues towing cats behind a motorhome. In both cases the trailers had long, straight tongues without triangulated stiffening arms, and I think this is an important factor.

The turbulence behind the motorhome would cause the trailer to oscillate back and forth and eventually break the tongue.

The scary thing about it is that the tongue breaks behind where the chains hold the trailer to the vehicle. So when the tongue breaks, the trailer is on its own.

That's why I am thinking that maybe those "Airtabs" would work on the back of a motorhome to decrease the turbulence for the trailer.