Macca,

I was origionally building a 20 and there is one in the shop virtually complete except final fitout and assembly. This was right about the time we got involved with the Blade.

At that time I was making this boat to do races like the Tybee, Steeple etc. The F20 class was making a lot of noise but could never get anyone to agree on what the formula would be, so that died. Chuck told us flat out that we would not be allowed to race it in the Tybee if we built it, because he wanted the race to be 1 design and had committed to the I20 at the time.

Without being allowed in the only major US distance race our customer base was now pretty slim. The customer base for a 20 is then limited to the to the guys who have a preconceived notion that they can not fit on a smaller boat. The group serious about racing cans were finally following the Europeans and the F18 was moving in the US.

I would love to see the 20 class open up and go somewhere. There are several completed designs going already to jump start it but no momentum. There is a base with the F18 and the trends in design really make most of the claims about crew weight competitiveness BS.