Here's the straight poop. He's an advocate for multihulls in the higher-level events, though he doesn't have as complete knowledge about them as he often demonstrates regarding other classes. He made a specific effort over the weekend to talk with multihull sailors to see what their concerns are and he really listened to the answers. Without specifically condemning anyone, he definitely let us know in no uncertain terms that we're in for some changes.

He could have spent his Sunday morning and the ride to DIA with anyone. He came and found me, asked me if I needed a ride, and we talked a lot about things that are to come. As I sit on the Nominating Committee to represent the Multihull Council, I was very skeptical about him. In fact, I was a holdout vote up until the time that all but one other person had made up their mind that of the candidates we had, Gary was the best. After listening to him during the Board meeting and at various times over the weekend, I think Jobson's going to be a good leader.

John Williams

- The harder you practice, the luckier you get -
Gary Player, pro golfer

After watching Lionel Messi play, I realize I need to sail harder.