The USSA pres job is impossible.

The SA pitchfork crowd wants (any director's) head because they believe USSA is too Olympic focused. They want more focus on the rank and file sailing phrf, OD and dinghy's (mind you the budgets are separate but the BS is pushed that they are lying to us).

the Catamaran crowd wants his (any director's) head because they did not prevent the ISAF from pitching the Tornado and not the Finn and more focus on marketing of the pros and thinking that will grow the sport. (Mind you the Olympic half of USSA says that the Multihull sailors give the least amount of money to the Olympic program, corporate or private ---no difference)

So... when you say "it's not working" consider that the bus has about 50 drivers... progress in any direction will be slow!

I think Brenner is a SOB but he has the right idea for the Olympic program USA. He has focused the effort. In a olympic class he will have a two teams/ not 5, plus a development team plus a junior team. To be on the team, will cost you a lot of your money and to train and race in the EU. The individual team will always be at odds with the devil they know, USSA, because any money they raise will be taxed by USSA Olympic and that will burn. But it's the price of the ticket to play.

I agree with the SA crowd and don't want to pay a USSA tax to support this effort. USSA Olympic agrees and raises corporate money for this effort.. and I believe that is true.

Brenner is also trying to get the elite YC's to raise their game and set the bar higher so that US juniors have some training centers where they can step up their game before trying to compete world wide. Personally, I think this new area is the level that I think my dues should support. I think some USSA dues money would be great to seed these programs and partner with the YC's to move the ball.

I agree that USSA has neglected the PHRF world but on the other hand the PHRF world doesn't seem to want any changes. The regional rating scheme seems crazy to me but you don't tow your olsen 911 to new england for a PHRF weekend race.
I also know that the bottom half of phrf is slowly dying. I have no clue what leadership at the top should do in this area. Maybe... it's just keep the taxes low and don't bother us.

crac.sailregattas.com