Guys,

I don't know about Jobson's history (beyond the obvious stuff), but I do know that he gave us "local boys" on a 28R equal air time to the big dog monohulls in his coverage of KWRW 2007. This wasn't because I paid him or knew him - I shot him an email and talked about the fact that this was the ONLY mainstream major event with a multi OD class. I asked if he'd cover the class to increase the visibility of Multis and to provide some more exciting speed/variety to the show. He thought it made sense, and he did it.

He's been responsive to me ever since, and I think that the man needs a chance to have his hand on the helm (if elected) before he gets shot down.

In my experience, the promotion of insiders to leadership positions in organizations doesn't always mean more of the same. In fact, often times they are the most effective leaders of change because they are well schooled in the hurdles to be cleared and the best ways to accomplish specific goals.

Don't sell him short - This is a guy who has done much for the sport and I think has a finger on the pulse of the Multi-mono challenge that he will face in his new role.

Can anyone direct me to the anti- multi statements that he's made (as suggested in a prior post)? I'd surely like to know the context/read the statements. I also think that the backlash from the Olympic decision has changed the landscape he'll be operating in a bit.

If he does get the job and doesn't cause change, then I'll be sorely dissapointed. However, if under his leadership multis are treated more appropriately (as I expect they will be), then he'll have a great supporter in me.

C

Last edited by Strategery; 03/31/09 09:27 PM.

Regards,

C.