Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by brucat
While membership is required at these events, championships alone are not enough of a carrot to drive membership, which is why I wrote that post the way I did. Read it again before ranting.

Mike

I'm stuck on this part: " Everyone in the selected class would need to be members for that event (qualifier)."

Are you not saying that if the A-cat is the boat, all A-cat sailors at Spring Fever would need to be members?

Originally Posted by brucat
That is what I'm saying.

I recognize that this would require some bravery, but I think we can get there if we put the past aside and work to improve overall benefits of membership.

I can use help on that committee if you're interested, Jake.

Mike

Okay, so I'm not an elite sailor and go to plenty of regatta's each year...I'll never qualify for the Alter Cup.

I won't (and haven't) participated in a qualifier for Alter Cup because I simply can't justify why I should pay USS for the privilege in sailing in their event. I've got plenty of other options and frankly I don't see what USS gives me (especially when both Skipper and Crew needed to be members .... that's an extra ... what ... $150 to my weekend); and I can afford it (we measure everything in wine -- that's 3 bottles of Cakebread!!)

To me, it's what do I get in return for that expense?

Other than this Championship, I don't really feel like USS cares about the beachcat sailor.

My 0.02

Convince me differently.

USA 777