It is unfortunate that the Youth Championships will be held on the same weekend as Tradewinds, it was a lot of fun having all those youngsters around at TW last year.

I am glad that they will be able to "Showcase" Youth Multihulls at Clearwater, going 20 knots downwind, right next to...Lasers and 420's (? or do they use 470s?), that should open some eyes!

I hope there's good wind and the Multihull kids put on a great show!

I was flying with a couple former Navy pilots a couple days ago out of Dubai. There was a big flat screen TV in the gate area as we were boardign our jet to come home. Playing on the TV was some of the AC45 highlight videos, fleet racing, hauling butt, then it cut to the AC72 up on the foils. These two had sailed sailed Hobie 16's 'back in the day, at Pensacola', but they had no idea about all the (new) speed developments with cats.

So I had to whip out one of my Catsailor Magazines and show them all the spinnaker cats. They were both impressed. I hope our Youth can get some more interest generated when they are out on the water next to the traditional Youth Boats.

Blade F16