Mike, I would encourage you to take a closer look at those past transgressions of US Sailing you are so quick to dismiss. They run pretty deep and maybe if you understood where some of our opinions came from you would be in a better position to address them instead of just saying to move on. Nobody is going to move on without seeing some real change.

Even when the multihulls had adequate representation at the Olympics (which it no longer has) the funds dedicated for Olympic development were never allocated fairly. For a long time they weren't even spent on that at all. Then the OC got more serious and stipulated more specifically how the funds were to be spent. But due to the good old boys club or whatever corruption and politics drove the decisions the multihulls never got their fair share of the allocated budget.

Real change to me would be:
1) Formal apology from US Sailing to the multihull sailors
2) Coaching. Coaching is what determines success at the Worlds and the Olympics. Has US Sailing hired dedicated multihull coaches? Is there anyone in US Sailing (outside of the multihull council) that has any expertise in multihulls?
3) Budget equality between classes. No more favorites. We want equipment for the youth to practice with. Have they purchased any N17s?

I agree that ISAF would not recognize splinter groups. ISAF is not necessarily the only way to the IOC though. In fact, I think ISAF might be the reason we lose sailing out of the Olympics completely. But that is a whole other mess to untangle.