Originally Posted by brucat
It's not just me, or just US Sailing. Sailors in the survey overwhelmingly indicated that 20 boats on the water were the minimum acceptable for a relevant championship.

There is a whole new leadership team at US Sailing. Again, make a workable proposal to solve any issues that you see and we will try to work with them. Just listing a bunch of old complaints and demands will not return the desired outcome.

I had a director tell me about another place he had previously worked. He stated that in employees that went to management with problems and no proposed solutions were fired. US Sailing doesn't operate that way, and it is a bit extreme; but certainly has some merit. Proposing an idea that isn't adopted, then sulking and complaining for years afterwards has never been accepted anywhere I've worked, either.

Mike

You've hit on a major stumbling block. Leadership at USS is so disdainful of the membership they think of them as employees and not very valuable employees at that.

I encourage all to join USS so we can mount a coup.

Last edited by pgp; 11/20/12 02:16 AM.

Pete Pollard
Blade 702

'When you have a lot of things to do, it's best to get your nap out of the way first.