Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
that would be a good use of my US Sailing membership dollar: a scheduling calendar that could be filtered by class and/or region as well as format (buoy, distance, adventure, fun, etc)

So if I wanted to see where my OD events were, I could.

If I just said "hey, I've got a weekend free. What regattas are going on around me?", I could.

Organizers can register to create/edit the events and link the NORs.

Maybe even have the site handle the pre-registration and/or payment processing? US Sail would probably take a cut, but whatever...

Heck, that might even give US Sailing the opportunity to show sponsors where their money is going, how many eyeballs are seeing it, etc.

Why reinvent the wheel.

A Southeast Calendar has been used for 2 years now. It's hosted on Google cloud and can be accessed by anyone.

We try to keep a good list of events up to date for easy viewing. Also you can add your name under your class and indicate which regattas that you plan on attending.

It can be found <HERE> ; with links to the NOR if/when available.

I don't recommend utilizing a single calendar for all regions, but others can copy this format for their regions and where regions abut a sharing of key regattas can be included on one anothers calendar to increase attendance and minimize events being planned for the same weekend.

USA 777