Originally Posted by David Ingram
Originally Posted by Ventucky Red

If they are willing to host a "race what you bring class" that keeps the cost down and gets exposure why would this be a problem?

Because it's not something everyone is into. I sail an F18 because of the numbers and the level of racing it offers not because of the platform, I've never been married to a platform I go where I think the best competition is and I paid a bunch money just to be part of the game. If the only regatta to attend is a DPN only, I'll be looking for fleet that can get the numbers and give me the competition and kind of racing I'm looking for. Monohull or multihull I couldn't care less. So again, one size does not fit all and the current schedule has something for everyone and I don't want to see that change, it is just over saturated.

Dave, don't take this wrong, but all I read in your post is Me, Me, Me, and Me...... You being pretty myopic and I can understand this being what you have probably spent to have some serious skin in the game... Me...my goal is a little more altruistic, I am looking at this as a way to get more people introduced to cat sailing and out on the water...

So your saying the there could not be two classes, two starts at a regatta and segregate the F-18 class and the "other class" or run them at the same time and do separate scoring...