Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by Ventucky Red
Originally Posted by Andy Humphries
I'm going to stir the pot. Open it up for all cats, not just F18s. We can't afford to exclude anyone.

There is intelligent life on this planet after all...

IMPO all regattas should be open to all that come and put boat n the water.... Maybe scale back on the prizes but all the same...

We had one local event that was "Hobie Only" up until a year or so back... Now that regatta is listed as being *tentative* for 2014, and they didn't have it in 2013... Time to stick a fork in this one as it is done.

There is a reasonable line somewhere and I think the Hobie midwinter event is a reasonable classified class event...consider what you're asking; should the F18 America's Championship be open to every boat? (no). At some point, it makes sense to have a class focused event.

Two different things, local regatta vs. National Event... Many local regattas are losing money and add in all the other BS involved with the whinners etc... I don't blame some people for throwing their hands in the air and walking away just to let the event die. We need stop being a class snobs and let others come have some fun, learn something, and maybe be the future F-18 sailor that buys your used boat...

If they are willing to host a "race what you bring class" that keeps the cost down and gets exposure why would this be a problem?

Last edited by Ventucky Red; 04/01/14 12:13 PM.