The hobie policy is a DEAD ISSUE... When everyone agrees that you have too many regattas on the schedule... You can't complain that the few sailors you have in your fleet who want to go to another regatta that has a flying H but can't.

Everybody needs to just give it up... there is no juice in fighting this ancient history again.

If you want to discuss a SPECIFIC CLUB that has to make a sophies choice between inviting a fleet of A cat sailors or F16 sailors who are absolutely committed to racing and the Hobie policy... I would listen.. Otherwise... there is no issue.... F18's are able to race now and the issue is the same as it ever was ... OVER SCHEDULED...

God knows that when the hobie policy was an issue and caused problems a long time ago.. ... I was a loud critic. (no surprise)...

The fact of life was that the current Hobie policy has had minimal to NO impact on events around the country...I've looked into it and said so at the time. We were overscheduled even then... and so... the same number of racers just competed in events run by two OA's... You could not find sailors who could not go racing some where else.

If you want to bitch about it... well consider it is the grumpy old man disease that is bubbling up.... Let it go.

The issue as it every was... Over scheduled and Finding or developing new racers. Hell in my area, Clubs running Hobie events have asked if A class would be interested in racing and the answer was... I will check but we are already scheduled to the max.... It's a DEAD ISSUE!

Last edited by Mark Schneider; 04/01/14 07:40 PM.

crac.sailregattas.com