If the only regatta to attend is a DPN only, I'll be looking for fleet that can get the numbers and give me the competition and kind of racing I'm looking for. Monohull or multihull I couldn't care less. So again, one size does not fit all and the current schedule has something for everyone and I don't want to see that change, it is just over saturated.

Dave and I agree. You need a mix of events and we are over scheduled.

So just because Dave and I play so well in the same sandbox. (grin) I suggest this paradigm... for the moment focus on the mid winter events that want to be national regattas... and their goal is to attract sailors outside of their region.

You have the usual events that are one design.... essentially warm ups for the NA's What will get determined is the pecking order in the class which probably doesn't change much and MEANS NOTHING come Monday morning.

I suggest that what is missing from the schedule is an event that puts all of the spinnaker classes into one race.... So 15 to 20 F18's, PLUS 10 to 15 (F16s two up) Plus 5 to 10 near dead Nacra 20's..(it would be their one and only national event. PLUS the one-off's... Marstrom 20s, the CFR 20, the Nacra Carbon 20s.... PLUS the dead boat society of Tornados, Nacra 6.0s with NE chutes ARC's (Supercats) For these guys... it will be their ONLY chance to race against their old friends and in a big fleet.

What gets determined is a NEW pecking order which MEANS NOTHING..... on Monday morning.

This event is not on the schedule... and the core group of F18's and F16 Racers...is KEY because these guys and the format draws the other boats out to the event because they are racing the current hard core sailors... I suggest that the participation is GREATER with this model.

Yup... you have heard it from me before... I am sticking with the model.... It works in the EU and Australia. My philosophy... Variety is the spice of life! And... I have been a band of one with this tune... So... YMMV..... I can guess Dave's reply!

Last edited by Mark Schneider; 04/01/14 01:11 PM.

crac.sailregattas.com