Originally Posted by brucat
Dave, I tend to agree, but it was brought up and had support at the meeting. As I mentioned above, I am skeptical for exactly the same reasons as you. We might just need to do a better job of using and advertising what's already out there.

Having said that, if enough people want this, and we have someone willing to manage it, I will fully support the effort and get US Sailing to help support and promote it. We had staff support for the idea in the room as well.

Mike

Mike I'm not saying don't do it, it won't hurt anything to have another schedule. My point is the issue isn't a lack of published schedules. I also caution against running down rabbit holes created by people that don't go to regatta's and won't go no matter what we do. How many times have we made changes to accomodate these people only to have them not show up anyway. If you're going to burn cycles burn those cycles on solving the schedule saturation problem. This is NOT a simple task and requires a huge amount of cooperation. If USSailing can pull this one task off I might have my faith restored.

We also have to acknowledge the elepant in the room which is the sport has been on the decline for a very long time and we are feeling the pinch and will continue to feel the pinch for some time, the beach isn't getting less gray. So, reduce the scheule and make the survioring regattas as hassle free and enjoyable as possible and listen to those that attend regattas they are the ones that are heavily invested.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"