Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
that would be a good use of my US Sailing membership dollar: a scheduling calendar that could be filtered by class and/or region as well as format (buoy, distance, adventure, fun, etc)

So if I wanted to see where my OD events were, I could.

If I just said "hey, I've got a weekend free. What regattas are going on around me?", I could.

Organizers can register to create/edit the events and link the NORs.

Maybe even have the site handle the pre-registration and/or payment processing? US Sail would probably take a cut, but whatever...

Heck, that might even give US Sailing the opportunity to show sponsors where their money is going, how many eyeballs are seeing it, etc.

When I read posts like this I have throw my hands in the air and say w - t - f? There are schedules everywhere, if you really want to find a regatta it is easily found. Terry for the 100th time has provided a link to a schedule page he created years ago which has EVERYTHING in the southeast. Rick puts every regatta in the nation on the schedule page on this very site. The USF18 class has another comprehensive schedule on the class site and it's probably safe to assume the other classes do it as well.

Another schedule page IS NOT the solution and likely will be just as ignored as all of the other schedule pages currently available. If we can't get folks to take two minutes to do a google search can we really expect them to drag their boat to a regatta regardless what we offer?

On another topic I have never been to a regatta where the open class is treated any differntly than any other class there. If they aren't attending it's for the same reason(s) as any of the other classes.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"