Just wanted to add some thoughts about a regatta that is doing a lot of things right. Our fleet is attending the Wickford Regatta this year for the third time, although last year it conflicted with Madcatter and was not part of our summer series. The regatta organizers moved the date of the event in part to make sure our fleet would be there in big numbers. With two months until the regatta, we have 17 boats registered.

Things Wickford does well:
1. The regatta website is clear, concise, and the web address has stayed the same every year. http://wickford.sailspace.net/

2. The regatta is organized by Skip Whyte, who is an absolute legend and has a tremendous amount of enthusiasm for high performance sailing.

3. Skip emailed me June 3, 2013 asking about date conflicts for the 2014 event

4. Skip has been in regular communication with me all winter, and has emailed our fleet list multiple times reminding folks to register

5. The event had a very cheap early entry of $80 that ended March 31. Anyone who registered during that period can cancel with a full refund before May 25- this eliminates any hesitation to register early

6. Great regatta venue, amazing dinner, and host housing if you need it

As the early registration deadline approached, I emailed the fleet twice, posted information to facebook and twitter, and Todd and I called and texted fleet members.

USF18 Eastern Area Rep
Nacra Infusion USA 753