Jake, I think you are correct... your EMSA scheduling process is probably just right for the region. It sounds like each year you sailors take into account the number of events and the number of sailors. You make the call on the fun factor for each event and the local sailors do their thing.... you guys get the critical mass that works for you...

The local sailors can't get critical mass for Spring Fever
The issue is that the non EMSA fleet failed to show up in numbers.

The problem is.... There is no structure to manage this...

Contrast the Hobie MWE crew with Spring Fever crew...

Who Does Mr Ernie call from each class? Does he need to contact the regional class leaders? Does Mr Ernie even call anyone.... or does he just happily assume that if you build it... they will come. Does Mr Ernie even care what the fleets and classes are up to.. He could think that all that he needs is the email list from the last few years to rally the troops. He just needs to put the web site up a bit earlier... (really???)

Meanwhile... it sounds like the MWE guys have been trying to contact everyone they could... SINCE LAST YEAR and not getting support or clear answers.

The problem is larger then EMSA... and it is larger then the Spring Fever crew or the MWE crew can manage as well.

Chris W.... I wouldn't use the Soprano analogy... I prefer something more sinister... how about the Tri Lateral commission!

Last edited by Mark Schneider; 03/28/14 10:45 AM.

crac.sailregattas.com