Gentlemen,

Let me just play "Devil's Advocate" here ...

You don't like "Handicap racing"??? ....

Well since the Hobie 18 is the best Racing/Beach Cat EVER designed, built and raced competitively ... ALL future "Multihull Championships" should be held using TheMightyHobie18's ... (IMHO)

... that doesn't work for you??? You happen to like a different manufacture's boat? I happen to like my boats ... and currently don't have the funds to purchase the newest/latest/shinest multihull that was just introduced ... soooooo .... you can sell what you have and purchase a boat like mine, and then we can race One-Design ....

(A good word to look up in the Webster's Dictionary at this point would be .... Ethnocentricity ...)

Mike L and Marc S are trying to make "some progress" in addressing the always changing and future parameters of our sport .... and I have and will support their efforts ...

Note: I have driven 6hrs (one-way) to a One-Design Regatta only to have no other TheMightyHobie18's show up for that event ... and was sent home ....

I'll race "handicap" ... it sure beats being sent home ... or ... staying at home and mowing the lawn for something to break the boredom ....

Harry