Transform the U.S. Multihull Championship into the most relevant multihull event in the United States, one that will attract new and upcoming sailors, who will form the nucleus of future US Olympic sailors.

Wow...a completely different frame for a strategic vision of the sport and this event.

Contrast that with Jake's
"I believe the event should strive to be the premier multihull championship from which the best multihull sailors within the US are determined. I don't believe a handicap BYOB event is very elite."

Or Mark's
I believe that the US Championship should be a member benefit and promote the whole sport by running a National handicap championship fed by qualifiers from USSA areas.

Relevant Regatta... not premier Regatta or membership benefit Regatta. Yikes!

new and upcoming sailors.... not elite sailors or Area XX sailors... Yikes!

Olympic sailors..... not quite Best Sailor or USSA members.... Yikes!

I am guessing that giving a petition slot at the championships to the youth mutlihull team is not good enough.

This is the second time that US Sailing is holding us up to our professed interest in Olympic Multihull racing. (They noticed our screaming about the Olympic fiasco)

The MHC had an ad hoc meeting with the ISAF co chair of the technical committee for the mixed multihull selection committee... Dina made it clear that US Sailing expected the multihull sailors and the OD classes to get behind and support the new discipline. The discussion that followed with the One Design representatives in attendance was .... "frank"

Yikes!

crac.sailregattas.com