You really can't let the "SNOB's" as you put it dictate the platform chosen. You simply have to say "Dude if you're scared just say you're scared".

Well said.

So... What is the purpose of the Multihull championships and how does it serve the entire racing community.

So... I don't understand why a championship that requires geographic diversity... eg one boat from each Area.... makes sense for the USA.

For instance, Say my buddy does the F18 NA's... with 70 boats and finish in the top 10. I could understand why he would like another bite at the apple of glory in a 20 boat regatta... But why would he be interested in a regatta with an F18 sailor from CA, FL and MI etc? ... What he really wants is a second regatta with the top 20 sailors from the F18 NA's and the geographic requirement distorts the competition.

I race A cats and I do not gives a damn about either of these regattas. I certainly would not declare the second regatta winner as the best multihull sailor of the year in the states.....

The real puzzle though is I don't understand why we need two championships to sort out the top F18 champion of 2012 but that is me.

In my view... we need a championship that gets all of the double handed spin sailors competing on boats they optimized for their weight and style. Then rotate the game the next year.... If Johnny and Charlie emerge from retirement and want to show you how it's done on the big T.... great fun... don't show up... well... as you would day "Dude if you're scared just say you're scared".

crac.sailregattas.com