Dave... what you see as the big problems are truly nuts and bolts.

In Area C... Nobody gives a damn about the US Sailing Championship.

So, Depending on your point of view... this is a problem... this is not a problem or that US Sailing championships are not an issue so long as we don't spend any money on it.... therefore, have at it boys.

My position is... I don't want to get a YC to run a regatta that nobody cares to participate in.... we tried that last year.... Nobody wants to play. I have tried all variations on this qualifier theme. So... don't have Area reps attempt to run qualifiers!. change the rules. 6 out of 10 regions blew this qualifier off last year.. Change the rules!

My second position is... unless you can persuade the Area C sailors that the current format of the US Sailing championships serves a larger agenda... don't spend any money on it on their behalf.

As always... somebody has to come back from one of these events and say why it was a can't miss... must do event. We don't get that from the racers that do compete in the championship.

When I have to respond to three emails this AM asking... what the hell is this survey all about.... YOU have a problem well beyond how to finance the gig.

No matter how fantastic a job you do in running the championship event... it's relevance is cratering... This was clear prior to your issues with the system.

RE a BYOB PN event....I have heard that rumor...IMO, without a consensus on a long term championship plan... I would argue that USSA should stop that in it's tracks.. Perhaps I could support that event because some areas did have qualifiers in 2011. If those 4 sailors want to compete... I would try to make good on the commitment.

crac.sailregattas.com